The East of England Koi Show is staged under the general show rules and guidelines of the UK Koi Policy Unit (UKKPU), a copy of these can be found on their website at www.ukkpu.co.uk and we would advise that as an exhibitor you take some time to become acquainted with them.
As is common place, there are however some rules for exhibitors that are specific to this show, these can be found below:
Show Exhibitors Rules:
- The show committee reserves the right to refuse booking or entry to the show without explanation.
- All fish exhibited in the show are done so at the owner’s risk.
- All fish MUST be double bagged with oxygen and boxed whilst both arriving at the show and departing the show.
- Fish that are known to have been exposed to KHV or SVC via an outbreak in the holding pond are not permitted to be brought onto the showground.
- No additives are permitted to be added to any vats unless agreed by the show chairman and appropriate member of the water management team.
- The points limits set out by the show committee in accordance with UKKPU guidelines must be adhered to. Any exhibitor breaching their allocated vat total may be asked to remove koi from their vat and return them to their home pond. A secondary vat may be offered should one be available, this will be charged as per the current vat rates.
- No food is to be placed in the vats.
- The decision of the benching team will be final.
- Anyone attempting to influence the decision of the judges will be asked to leave the showground - all judge’s decisions are final.
- The organisers of the show, will not be held responsible for any accidents or incidents that occur to vehicles or property within the show grounds. The cost of any damage found to have been caused by anyone ignoring this rule will be borne by the member or entrant responsible.
- It is recommended that your fish are not fed for 7 days prior to the show. This will assist in maintaining good water quality for your fish for the duration of the show.
- All exhibitors must vacate the show arena by 18:00pm on the Saturday of the show unless prior authorisation has been given by the show / vice chairman.